Covid Catch Up
What is the Coronavirus (COVID-19) catch-up premium?
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) catch-up premium is designed to support primary schools in ensuring children catch up as a result of the disruption caused to their education by coronavirus.
In 2020-2021, the Government invested over £1 billion in funding to support children. The allocation of funding is calculated on a per pupil basis, providing each mainstream school with a total of £80 for each pupil in years Reception through to Year 6. Schools use this funding for specific activities to support their pupils to catch up for lost teaching over the previous months, in line with the guidance from the Government.
What do Catch-up Programmes look like at The Willows?
We believe that active, healthy learners will have positive attitudes towards themselves and their learning, supported by our Learning Mentor (Mrs Plant). We will work through a tiered approach to ensure that all pupils that have fallen behind are identified, have individual pathways and are supported and monitored.
This will be achieved through ‘quality first teaching’, accurate baseline and interim assessments, targeted academic support with wider strategies implemented. After consultation with all stakeholders, we believe the best way forward is to invest in IT and specific programmes to target these gaps. We have been running a number of targeted phonics groups, physical development programmes and computer based programmes such as IDL (Literacy Intervention). The progress the children are making within these programs is very positive.
- Children will have personalised learning pathways to ensure gaps arising from the impact of Covid-19 are filled.
- Purposeful, well-resourced interventions will take place in managed blocks.
- Effective home learning systems in place to ensure remote learning is effective.
- Every child to have 1:1 access to a device.
- Staff will have access to fast, reliable equipment and this will ensure learning can take place in and out of school.
- The school’s IT infrastructure to be updated ensuring that all devices run smoothly and effectively within the classrooms.
- The school’s servers, data and systems are protected and reliable.
Each year we publish a report detailing how we have used our Covid Catch Up allocation:
Click below to download these reports.