At The Willows we are extremely lucky to have a wonderfully talented team of cooks, headed up by Joanne Clarke.
The meals provided by school are of an outstanding standard and the children thoroughly enjoy all their meals.
Jo is particularly dedicated to providing high quality meals for each child and as such she is willing to adapt her menus to needs of individual children.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will put you in touch with Jo.
At The Willows we are keen to establish healthy routines and lifestyles with our children. For this reason, please give careful consideration as to what you put in your child’s lunchbox.
Below we have suggested some things which you may like to include in your child’s lunchbox each week:
- Sandwiches, on white, brown or flat breads with a variety of fillings
- A small packet of crisps
- Mini sausage rolls, chipolatas or vegetable sticks e.g. carrot sticks
- Cheese sticks or Baby Bel
- Dried fruits
- A piece of fruit: apple / banana / grapes / tomatoes etc.
- A biscuit – not a chocolate bar
- Water, milk or cordial – no fizzy drinks
- Fruit or plain yogurt
If you are unsure, look how much sugar is in each item. As a guide, it is recommended that children should not have more than 6 teaspoons of sugar per day – approximately 19 grams.